3 days. 8 stages. 130 bands.
Set in a huge grassy park directly in the middle of the great capital Austin, TX, Austin City Limits proved to be as amazing as its following.
Although feeling slightly irresponsible for taking a 3-day break from life to just sit and enjoy music and atmosphere, I concur that it was worth it!
- spending time with my friend Rachel, who recently moved to Austin after graduating Baylor.
- Vitamin water after hours of direct sunlight and 90+ weather.
- Sipping Pinot Grigio on a blanket during the evenings while rocking out or simply swaying.
- Seeing hundreds of people in tie dye.
- Watching people, in all shapes and sizes, in all clothes and nakedness, young and old, loving life like crazy!
Some bands that threw killer shows, [probably why they are all famous!]: Foo Fighters (of course), The Mars Volta, Beck, The Raconteurs, Manu Chao, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Iron and Wine...
Some amazing new discoveries: Band of Horses (love them), Gillian Welch (made me want to learn how to play the banjo), Neko Case (awesome voice), Vampire Weekend, The Swell Season, Fleet Foxes...