Sunday, November 30, 2008

Texas Turkey Day

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. Oh Lord my God,
I will give you thanks forever!
Psalm 30:11-12


Even though I haven't spent a Thanksgiving at home in San Diego in 5 years, each Thanksgiving has been special in its own way. This year, my sister and I traveled to the capitol, Austin to feast poolside with our "cousins" (2nd cousins twice removed!) before driving up to Dallas for a few days to visit a good friend's mother. How neat that even in Texas we can give thanks with family- relations or not!!


THE POOLSIDE FEAST
WITH MY COUSIN NICK

NICK, LOOKING SHARP (HE DRESSED HIMSELF!)COUSIN JOE'S CLOSE UP

JOE AND I TRYING TO BE SASSY

UNCLE JOHN CARVING THE TURKEY

COUSIN MAKENZIE (ZZ) WORKING OFF THE TURKEY

ZZ AND SISTER NATALIE

No comments: