Sunday, January 25, 2009

simple peace

A month of neglect, and this page looks so foreign to me.
I suppose the only way to breech the awkward break is to simply write.

Life in Texas forges on a hint sweeter than before, probably because I know that my time here is drawing to a close. The comfortable walk to and around campus feels shorter this semester, the weather cooler, the local places sadly more familiar. Baylor has been a surprising place of transformation and growth, and therefore a priceless experience (although it did come at a hefty price!).

In conversation with Jesus, I am relearning the power of prayer. I can see how God takes the base and ugly within me to produce something of value with His breath of life. He asks me to surrender everything, to relinquish all control. I have to loosen my grasp every morning. Today I feel His transcending peace wash over my anxious soul. And I now am beginning to understand His gift of peace, which surpasses all comprehension, to guard hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (var. Phil. 4:7).

No comments: